Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week #8

My darling Sara,
You're experiencing your first morning sickness.  Welcome to the 2nd sign of pregnancy!  So far, you've taken one of your nausea pills and consuming PopTarts in the morning.  I remember having to eat dry toast or crackers before getting out of bed.  I don't think you've actually gotten sick; just experienced that queasy feeling.

When I was first pregnant with Kyle, I learned I had to eat within two hours of getting hungry.  You've all heard me tell the story of when Uncle Craig and Aunt Bev took me to the Spaghetti Factory and Craig took too long to get me there.  In some ways, I hope you are spared that indignity; other times I want you to suffer as a reminder.  Yes, I'm still upset, but you're my baby girl.

Your dad would fix me toast in the morning before he left, and I remember a particular instance when I waited too long to eat it:  Remember our cat Tag?  He happened to be sleeping on the back of the toilet and pushed the toilet seat down on my head.  I guess he didn't want to look at it!

When I was carrying you, your dad was still working and was often gone before Kyle or I awoke.  Kyle used to go into the bathroom with me and pass me toilet paper when it was all over.

And you remember the nausea I had with Will at all hours of the day, as we traveled to White Rock, Yellowstone, and Cody!

Yes, the next several weeks will not be fun.   And that is why when I wake you up in the mornings, I ask if you need anything.

And I know your brand new jeans are getting tight.  I will go downstairs and try to locate the maternity pants I saved.  Hopefully you'll be able to fit into them; otherwise, we'll have to piss off your father and go on another shopping trip.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment