Tuesday, July 10, 2012

One Month Already!

Dearest Alex "Lexie',
It's hard to believe a month has already passed!  You went to the doctor yesterday and your weight is up to 8 lbs, 10 oz!  Mommy didn't catch your weight; I must remind her to pay closer attention.  I've got your pictures in my 'Brag Book', and we're taking you your Great-Aunt Liz's wedding to your soon-to-be Great-Uncle Bryan on Sat.  Then on Sunday, we're taking you to St. Martin's Church in Martinsville and showing you off to our friends up there.  I hope Fr. John is still there.

Your head control continues to improve, and we've finally figured out to feed you in small doses.  Otherwise, you spit up buckets, esp all over Grandma, lol!  And most importantly, you've won over your grandpa!  Good girl!




You've been a joy to take to lunch, or hang out with your grandma in the mornings or late evenings.  Daddy has a job now, and works 11pm-7am at GenTron, where they make refrigerator parts.  So far, he's been on the job for three weeks and doing well.

I forgot to as your mom if she tried to put you in the pool yesterday.  Probably not; I tried dipping your mom's toes in the pool when SHE was a month old; she didn't like it.  Squealed and curled up her feet, so back to the stroller for her.  Uncle Kyle was 2.5 at the time and loved spending the afternoon at the pool.

We just survived a hot stretch.  Temps were in the hundreds for nearly two weeks.  It seems funny to say 'Thank God it's in the 80's!'

If I'm repeating myself, I apologize.  You rolled over at the two week mark, and Grandma caught it all on video.  Uncle Kyle and Mommy were very happy to witness it!

That's all the news for now, darling girl.  Til next time:)

Love,
Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment